Right Clicks Disabled

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Nepal

5 years anniversary we went glamping, 6 years anniversary I wanted to visit Nepal again.
India tagged along. 

6 years anniversary AND I AM ENGAGED, BABY! WOO now time to get a base where we can officially start our lives as a couple. 

FAQ
Did you know?
Not at all, I swear! We have been ring shopping to browse for size and kind but never expected to be proposed to so soon!

Did he choose the right ring? 
Magnum actually proposed with a Pandora ring to avoid losing something expensive and also he knew I wanted a custom made design. I was happy either way!

How did he do it?
We were walking back to our accommodation from the cafe, preparing to meet someone special. On the way, he wanted to take a scenic photo together. He was filming all along and there he popped the question! Ps. I didn't cry, I was screaming.


Oh Nepal. 

Although the transfer of flights to you was an absolute nightmare, I was so glad to be welcomed by a familiar figure at 10:30pm.
I have missed the bumpy rides on the way to anywhere, I have missed the crazy traffic and the powerful effect of one's palm, most importantly I have missed a dear friend's curry chicken and Nepali tea.

But the objective in Nepal was to visit my first love. So we did, 8am in the morning.
2 hours later we were surrounded by valleys and monks in the monastery. His picture lit up my soul. So nice to see you, papa.



Namo Buddha- Where we believe Buddha (in the form of a young prince) sacrificed himself to a starving Tigress. 
You can find out more about this amazing sacred Buddhist place here.

Namo Buddha always felt like home to me. Maybe because when mum and dad used to attend their retreat sessions here (for 3 days), I roamed around the place with monks and nuns. 

I know this place like the back of my palm.
Except one of the oldest building (which was my favourite spot to appreciate Nepal more) was completely damaged by the most recent earthquake. It was such a sad sight to witness, but amazing how the community came together, helping to rebuild what was lost.


Prayer flags fluttered in the wind with distant chatters from the valley beneath us somehow created a calming mood around us.

Ps. I FREAKING LOVE MY BACKPACK FROM LULULEMON. It is lightweight and SUPER spacious! 


Down to the Namo Buddha Stupa
This place definitely stood still through time.



*Boudha Stupa.
Special shoutout to Dorje for taking us out for lunch and dinner, letting Mags ride on Vespa and bike, helping us bargain when we went shopping and taking quality photos of the both of us.
You are truly a special person who not only endured a lot of lemons life threw at you, but also a fighter.
Never stop doing what you are doing!








Day 4 was amazing.
Aayush and Mijash (boy have we grown up!) took us out on a day trip to Swayambhu and Durbar Square. 






Can't wait to tell you all about our wedding soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment